Reading Standards: Informational Text
- 2.RIT.1: Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
- 2.RIT.3: Describe the connection between a series of historical events, scientific ideas or concepts, or steps in technical procedures in a text.
- 2.RIT.4: Determine the meaning of words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 2 topic or subject area.
- 2.RIT.6: Identify the main purpose of a text, including what the author wants to answer, explain, or describe.
- 2.RIT.7: Explain how specific images contribute to or clarify text.